This is a very economical and easy salad to make. It keeps for several days, and is just very handy. This recipe serves more as a guide. The amounts, ratios, and ingredients could easily be arranged according to what is in your fridge presently.
1 small bunch celery
1/2 a bunch of kale
1/4 of an onion
This Italian Dressing
1. Peel the carrots. Rinse and trim the celery and kale. Peel the onion.
2. Slice them all very thin. I used the slicer in my food processor. A mandolin would also work. If you don’t have either of these, just do your best – it will be great. 🙂
3. Make the Italian Dressing. If you don’t have those ingredients just use olive oil, vinegar, salt pepper and dried basil. That will be yummy also!
4. Stir however much dressing you would like into the salad. Check that the salt is the right amount and adjust if necessary.
5. This salad is delicious immediately, but I think it tastes even better after a few hours marinating in the fridge. Enjoy! 🙂