I actually do like kale. But this is the only way I will Happily eat a whole entire bunch of kale, all by myself, and wish there was more. They are that good. The method is pretty much all the same, but feel free to play around with the seasonings.
Kale: enough to cover the bottom of your cookie sheet in one layer
Seasonings (see below)
1. Preheat your oven to 300 degrees.
2. Lay your clean kale in a single layer on your cookie sheet.
3. Pour a handful of olive oil in your hands, let it dribble over the kale, and massage it into the kale. This coats the kale and starts softening it.
4. Sprinkle with desired seasonings. Massage a little bit more, then sprinkle a little more if desired.
5. Bake at 300 degrees for 30 minutes. Keep an eye on them, because they burn quickly! The thickness of the kale, and possibly even the season it is picked may influence the timing. I’m pretty sure my summer kale chips took less time, so just watch them.
~Salt and Pepper
~Curry Powder and Salt
~Soy Sauce/Coconut Aminos and Nutritional or Brewers Yeast
~Ground Mustard Powder, Garlic Powder and Salt – this is my favorite so far! 🙂
~Taco Seasonings or Chili Powder
~Any seasoning mixes from Practical Paleo by Diane Sanfilippo
*For those of you who do not like to cook with olive oil, neither do I! The oven temp is fairly low in this recipe, and since I want to use a fat that won’t harden at room temperature in my winter kitchen, this is my favorite option. Feel free to sub with coconut oil or lard if you prefer! 🙂