This is similar to the Cabbage Wrapped Pulled Pork, but includes the discovery of collard green wraps instead of cabbage. I’m also finding myself more sensitive to tomatoes than I realized. With BBQ Sauce being out, I came up with another super simple, but oh so yummy plan for pulled pork/chicken. 🙂 Enjoy!
2 Pounds Pork or Boneless Chicken Thighs (or more! If you want leftovers)
Garlic Powder (optional)
Salt and Pepper
Collard Greens or Cabbage
1. Place meat in your crock pot. Sprinkle liberally with cumin, and not quite as liberally with garlic, salt and pepper.
2. Do not add water – it will make juice of its own. Cook on high for 8 hours.
3. With two forks, pull the meat apart, let it mix with the juice, and adjust seasonings as desired.
4. If you are using collard greens, cut out the center stalk and you will get two wraps per leaf. Wrap the pork in the collard greens. The collard greens held the meat very well! It was still drippy and needed to be eaten over a plate, but worked great! (This would be amazing served with Cauliflower Rice!)
5. If you are using cabbage, I would cut the cabbage into shreds, then either steam it, or saute it until caramelized. Put the pork on a bed of cabbage and serve that way. Enjoy! 🙂