This recipe is the essence of all my present cravings. The carrots are sweet and caramelized and satisfy my sweet tooth without sending me on a chocolate binge. The Horseradish Cream is So creamy smooth and delicious! (When dairy, eggs and nuts are out, creamy is hard to come by…) And I’ve also been craving horseradish! Horseradish is used for both medicine and food. It has antibiotic qualities, improves digestion, and does amazing things in your body!
I used Thai Kitchen Coconut Milk, which when cold, worked perfectly! Not all coconut milk will separate so nicely… If you can eat eggs, homemade mayonnaise would work great instead of the coconut cream! (As would good sour cream.) 🙂
5 or 6 Carrots
1/4 cup coconut oil
1/2 cup cream from the top of a Cold can of Thai Kitchen Coconut Milk
~or~ Good Mayo, or Good Sour Cream
1+ Tbs. prepared horseradish – the ingredients should just be horseradish, vinegar and salt 🙂
1/2 tsp. sea salt
1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Peel and cut the carrots into sticks. The carrots don’t get super crispy, so if they are too long they bend when you try to dip them. I will make them shorter next time. 🙂
2. Melt the coconut oil, dip the carrot sticks in them and place on a cookie sheet. Sprinkle with salt.
3. Bake for 30 minutes or until they are starting to caramelize.
4. Meanwhile, mix all the ingredients of the horseradish sauce in a small bowl.
5. Dip the carrots in the horseradish sauce! Sweet, spicy, creamy, delicious! 🙂
This recipe is featured in Pennywise Platter 🙂