Spring is here! Asparagus is one of the first food signs. (Followed shortly by rhubarb, I can hardly wait!)
Please look over/read this article about how amazing asparagus is for you! It’s just too much to write here. Or just trust me and go eat lots of it. 🙂
Yummy days 🙂
Asparagus (enough to fit a single layer on your cookie sheet)
A drizzle of Olive Oil
Salt and Pepper
1 Lemon, zested and juiced
~OR~ if you can tolerate dairy, a sprinkle of Parmesan Cheese
1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
2. Rinse and trim your asparagus. Place in a single layer on a cookie sheet with sides.
3. Drizzle with olive oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper. If you can tolerate dairy, sprinkle with Parmesan Cheese (otherwise, wait for the lemon until after you bake it…)
4. Place in the oven and bake for about 20 minutes – the timing will depend somewhat on the asparagus, but you want it to be crisp yet tender (slightly wilted).
5. Take out of the oven, and if you didn’t use the cheese, sprinkle with the lemon zest and a bit of the juice.
6. This makes a super easy, amazingly refreshing side dish. Happy Spring! 🙂