I have come to realize that there are SO many amazing recipes out in the blogosphere… and some of them just don’t need to be redone! So I’ve decided to start reviewing other people’s recipes – and share the one’s I like with you!
Last night I made Teriyaki Chicken from The Nourishing Gourmet: www.thenourishinggourmet.com. Ernie and I just LOVED it! To see Kimi’s recipe, click Here. She uses chicken wings, with a very simple marinade that is oh so luscious! I have made them as wings and was not disappointed. Last night, I made them with boneless skinless chicken thighs, and they were Sooo good! They do have a sweetener, so if you are avoiding that, I’d try my Filipino Chicken instead.
My slight variation to Kimi’s recipe:
1/2 cup wheat free soy sauce/ coconut aminos
1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
1/2 cup honey or maple syrup
1 Tbs. fresh ginger, peeled and grated
5 cloves garlic, chopped
3 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix all ingredients except chicken in a roasting pan, add the chicken and flip each piece over a few times.
3. Bake for an hour, flip the chicken over.
4. Bake for another 30 to 60 minutes. Watch it toward the end as it starts to caramelize.
5. Serve over rice, cauliflower rice, greens, or sautéed veggies! Enjoy!
*If you use chicken thighs with bones, you should marinate it for several hours. Chicken breasts shouldn’t be cooked this long as they could easily dry out. 🙂